Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Stressful Week

Well, this last week sure has been a crazy one. First of all, I've been transferred to Ussuriysk and am now serving in Center with Elder Williams. I'll try to get you some pictures soon. And wow, is it different here! I am still trying to get used to the quietness and lack of craziness that I've become accustomed to in Vlad. It's beautiful here too in its own unique way. The weather is really rainy. I think Ussuriysk is the land of puddles. :) I'm really kind of excited to be here in Center because this is Brother Boyer's area and where Brother Savage served (both my teachers in the MTC).

Now I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but the stress of this last week getting to Korea and back and then to Ussurisk has taken a bit of a toll on me. This may sound silly but there’s just been a lot of craziness and a lot of change all very quickly, and I don't think I was prepared for it. Keep praying for me. I certainly could use it.

Secondly, Korea was amazing! Absolutely stressful but amazing! I tried really hard not to let it stress me out but that was pretty hard. So due to a little miscommunication, Elder Winkler and I got to the bus station in Vlad later than we should have and had to get a bus to the airport that was an hour later than the one we should have been on. Thankfully, traffic wasn't bad, so I started to feel ok after several phone calls to the assistants trying to figure out if we would make it. Then the police pulled our bus over which killed 10 precious minutes of time and stressed me out like crazy. The last thing I wanted to do was miss our flight and waste the church’s money. Thankfully, we got there just in time and got through passport control and security with enough time to spare. Getting to the airport and to Korea and to the temple was all a very big experience for me especially since it was just me, Elder Zamora, and Elder Winkler. We were all new to Korea and had no idea where we were going with the exception of some printed out instructions. I just kept reminding myself, other elders have done it. We'll be able to do it too. We found the temple and I absolutely loved it! The endowment had translation so I was able to listen in English and Russian. I really loved doing it in Russian since I understood a lot of it.

We went to Dondemun which is the shopping place where you can get tons of ties. We got lost getting there but that's ok. We found it eventually. Well, I'm about out of time. I'm so sorry this letter is so short and lame and not very informative. I have pictures but I don't have time to send them so I'll get them to you next week. :)

I love you all so much and I very much appreciate your prayers.

Love Elder Bush

p.s. McFlurries in Korea... Oh so tasty. :)